By profession I am a Primary school teacher and gained a BA Education (QTS) in 2001 at Goldsmiths College, University of London. I have been working in education for over 12 years and since qualifying have now attained the National Professional Qualification for headship (NPQH), which qualifies me to become a Headteacher, in addition to a MA in Leadership. I am a former Deputy Headteacher, and presently working part-time as a football coach (I came out of full-time employment last year to complete my Masters degree). Now completed, I am looking for a full-time school position. At some point in the near future I am keen to undertake a PhD study within the area of football.
HOW I GOT INTO COACHING
I started playing football when I was 8 years old (1988), so already had a natural interest within the game. Coaching gave me the opportunity to utilise the skill set that I had gained in teaching, and knowledge and passion for the game. I love learning and passing on learning, so coaching was a natural progression.
In a voluntary capacity, I help the London FA, Middlesex County FA and London Playing Fields Foundation with girls in football initiatives and festivals. I am also involved with ‘Kick it Out’ and was one of their mentors and master class coaches within their RAISE YOUR GAME week at Cobham (Chelsea FC). I also shadow coach at Arsenal Ladies.
FOOTBALL QUALIFICATIONS & OTHER ROLES:
- FA Level 1 (2009)
- FA level 2 (2010)
- FA Youth Introductory module (2010)
- FA Youth Module 1 (2012)
- FA Youth Module 2 (2012)
- FA Youth Module 3 (Start May 2013)
- FA Emergency First Aid (2012)
- Education & Welfare Officer (2012)
- FA Safeguarding Children (2012)
- Ambassador for the FA ‘Football Needs Campaign’
- Part of the London FA ‘Equality Advisory Group’ (EAG)
- Involved with the promotion of Chelsea FC’s ‘Asian Soccer Star’
Do you play football?
- I currently play for Brentford Womens FC (Regional League)
- I also play futsal for an academy called Pro5 based in Wembley